1. POOR POP: Most likely, your bag was not properly sealed during production. If the bag is not properly sealed, the heat generated during the microwaving process will escape from the end of the bag before the popcorn reaches the ideal temperature for popping. The popcorn that does pop is compacted together so tightly that it actually starts to burn if kept in the microwave bag too long.
2. SALTY: Occasionally, if a production machine shuts down due to a mechanical problem, excess salt can settle in the lines. Once the machine is operating again the flow of salt may become too concentrated, and this may have been what happened with your product.
3. GLUTEN: All JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is gluten free from wheat, rye, oats and barley. However, all of our products do contain corn gluten (modified corn starch). Our microwave flavor providers have also assured us that our flavorings are gluten free as well.
4. LEAKY BAG: It is possible the bags were not properly sealed during production. A majority of our packaging is done mechanically, and occasionally some of these bags may slip through.
5. DIDN’T LIKE: JOLLY TIME Pop Corn strives to make the most flavorful popcorn. In order to reach this goal, we go to great lengths to test our products and survey the market, but the best feedback comes directly from our customers, like you!
6. CODE DATE: JOLLY TIME prints a "Best Buy" date on our microwave and poly bag products. The "Best Buy" date can be found on poly bags on the front, right side of the bag. For our Microwave Pop Corn products, the "Best Buy" date can be found on the side flap where you open the carton.
There is also a four-digit production code number located near the "Best Buy" date that indicates the day the product was packed. The first number indicates the year, and the last three numbers indicate the day of the year. For example, if the code reads 0230, the popcorn was packed on August 18, 2010. Normal shelf life is 24 months for poly bags and 18 months for microwave cartons. Please note Better Butter and Homemade Microwave Pop Corn Products have a normal shelf life of 14 months.
7. NUTRITION FACTS: The numbers in the first column are based on raw, uncooked popcorn per serving (five cups popped corn). The numbers in the second column represent the values after the popcorn has been popped in one - cup increments.
8. DAIRY: The "D" on the front of our carton is the universal sign for dairy. All JOLLY TIME Microwave Pop Corn flavors do contain some flavoring ingredients that are derived from a dairy source, typically butter and cheese. The dairy ingredients comprise a very small percentage of the finished product, usually less than 1/4 of 1%. Additionally, all of our microwave products are manufactured on the same equipment so there may be traces of "casein" remaining.
9. PEANUTS AND TREE NUTS: All JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is peanut and tree nut free.
10. MISSING BAGS: Although rare, it is possible this may have happened during production. Controls are in place to ensure that cartons are always fully packed. We will always investigate to determine if this is anything more than an isolated incident.
11. STORAGE: We recommend storing microwave popcorn on the cupboard shelf -- and kernel corn in a sealed airtight container on the cupboard shelf -- never in the refrigerator or freezer.
12. TRANS FAT: We are diligently researching alternative oils and packaging concepts that will allow us to use a non-hydrogenated oil. Our goal is to find oil that eliminates trans fat without significantly increasing the level of saturated fats, and at the same time maintains our taste, performance and quality standards. We currently have two microwave popcorn products that are trans fat free... Better Butter and Homemade!
13. OH YUM BAGS: JOLLY TIME is currently packing all flavors in our new “Oh Yum” bags, and the flavor is listed on the outside of the plastic wrap around the bag. There has been no change to any of our flavors or the serving size. The nutrition facts are listed on the carton but no longer listed on the individual bags, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. The new microwave bags were introduced in October 2006. The production of and materials used to make the new bags are more environmentally friendly, and they also provide a cost savings so we can continue to offer a fun, great tasting product to consumers at an affordable price.
14. GMO (Genetically modified organism): The American Pop Corn Company plants NO genetically modified organism seed. Our total inventory of pop corn has all been grown under contract in the United States and under our supervision.
15. PFOA / PFC: Our bag manufacturers confirm the grease coating in JOLLY TIME Pop Corn microwave popping bags is not produced with PFOA or PFC. PFOA and PFC could, however, produced as an unintended byproduct during the manufacturing processing. It is removed to no detectable levels during manufacturing. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not changed the approval status for papers utilizing telomer based chemistry for grease resistance. The microwave popping bags that JOLLY TIME Pop Corn purchases are produced with papers that are approved by the FDA for direct food contact.
16. Diacetyl: JOLLY TIME removed all added diacetyl from our microwave pop corn products on December 1, 2007.
17. Weight Watchers Subscription Offer: The mailing address was inadvertantly missing from 6 pack cartons of Healthy Pop and we truly apologize for our mistake. Please mail the completed offer form along with 3 (three) UPC's from any Healthy Pop carton (individual bag UPC's are NOT valid) to: Weight Watchers Subscription Offer % American Pop Corn Company, Box 178, Sioux City, IA 51102.
IF YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION:
Contact us. Feel free to email, call or write. Regardless, you will hear from one of us personally.