|4 cups||Popped JOLLY TIME Pop Corn|
|2 cups||apple and cinnamon flavored cereal|
|1 cup||cocktail peanuts|
|3/4 cup||apple juice|
|1/4 cup||light corn syrup|
- In a bowl, toss together popped popcorn (remove any unpopped kernels), cereal and peanuts. Set aside. Butter sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan.
- In saucepan, combine apple juice, sugar, corn syrup, vinegar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Cook to hard ball stage (250 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat. Pour syrup over popcorn-cereal-peanut mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread in a buttered 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 by 1-inch baking pan. Cool until hardened.
- Break into pieces.
3/4 cup apple wine may be used instead of apple juice.
Recipe compliments of The Popcorn Board