|10 cups, popped||JOLLY TIME® Pop Corn|
|3 tbsp||butter, divided|
|1/4 cup||peanut butter|
|1 cup||candy coated peanut butter candies|
|1 lb||chocolate melting wafers|
- Cook popcorn in microwave according to package directions.
- In medium saucepan heat marshmallows, 2 tablespoons butter and peanut butter until it's smooth and creamy.
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and stir until it's coated all the popcorn.
- Stir in peanut butter candies.
- In a baking pan (I used a 7 inch pan with a removable bottom) butter the bottom and sides with remaining 1 tablespoon of butter (you may only need ½ tablespoon butter), be sure the pan is coated completely
- Place pan in refrigerator so it chills and popcorn mixture is set about an hour.
- Remove popcorn cake from pan.
- Place the cake on a tray with a slotted cooling rack so the chocolate that is poured over will drip and not pool at the bottom of the cake.
- Melt the chocolate completely.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn cake.
- Use an offset spatula to spread the chocolate over the top evenly and down the sides until the whole cake is covered.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Place cake in refrigerator to set chocolate about 10 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Cake can remain at room temperature until served.
Recipe compliments of Created by Diane