|freshly popped popcorn (make sure to remove unpopped kernels)
|1 (9.5 ounce)
|package caramels, unwrapped (35 caramels)
|light cream or "half and half"
|lollipop sticks (or wooden candy apple sticks)
|Decorative ribbon, optional
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. Place a sheet of waxed paper on work surface.
- Heat caramels and cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until caramels are melted and cream is blended into caramels. Push a stick into an apple center and dip into caramel. Spoon caramel over apple to coat.
- Place caramel-coated apple into bowl of popcorn and press popcorn onto caramel to cover. Place apple on waxed paper to set; repeat with remaining apples.
- Place chocolate chips in a small, resealable plastic bag. Microwave 10 seconds and press chips to aid melting. Repeat, heating at 10-second intervals, until chips are completely melted. Cut a small corner off bag and squeeze chocolate onto each apple allowing chocolate to drip down sides. Sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
- Tie a bow to each apple stick, if desired. To serve, cut apple into slices.
Recipe compliments of The Popcorn Board