|2 cups||all purpose flour|
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar|
|2 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp||vegetable or canola oil|
|1 cup||white chocolate chips or candy coating|
|1/4 cup||JOLLY TIME® Pop Corn kernels|
|1/4 cup||funfetti sprinkles|
To make the donuts:
- Spray a donut pan with a non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Do not over-mix. The batter should be lumpy.
- Place the donut batter into a ziploc bag. Snip one corner of the bag off. Pipe out the batter onto the donut pan, filling the cups 2/3 full.
- Bake the donuts for 9 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Pop the popcorn according to the instructions on the package and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Melt white chocolate in a heat-resistant dish.
- Spread a layer of white chocolate over the top of the donut. Top with popcorn. You may have to hold it in place for few seconds until the chocolate “glues” it to the donut.
- Sprinkle donut with sprinkles and drizzle with more white chocolate.
- Repeat for the remaining donuts.
Recipe compliments of Crunchy Creamy Sweet